- 09 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Minor Version Update Guide
- Updated on 09 Jun 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Throughout the course of a major version release (for example v8), additional minor releases (such as v8.2 or v8.1.3) are periodically released to address the need for new features, bug fixes, and/or security and stability issues within the program.
In such instances, Decisions Installations of a matching major version, can be updated by using DecisionsServerInstaller.exe.
- Pre-existing major version installation
- If IIS (Internet Information Systems) is running, stop it via the Stop action; this prevents potential Port conflicts in the update process.
- From the local file system, right-click DecisionsServerInstaller.exe and select Run as administrator.
- From the Decisions Installer, click UPDATE.
If desired, check the Change Settings on Update box.
- Read and agree to the License Agreement by checking the I accept terms of the License Agreement box, then click Next.
- Overwrite the configurations from the Settings window through to the File Storage screen as desired (per Installation Guide), or leave the previously utilized configurations, and click through each window via the Next button.
Note that these screens will only appear if Change Settings on Update was previously enabled.
- Review, and if present, correct any System Requirements, before proceeding with Next.
If Check Port is Available fails, Stop IIS, before clicking Re-Run Checks.
- Review the settings and summary on Review Install Options. Then, click Next.
- The Installer will download and install the most recent Minor Version of the currently installed major version; click Show Details to view the progress of the update process.
To stop the upgrade, click Cancel, then exit the Installer.
- Once the minor version update concludes, click Finish to exit the Installer.
If desired, enable Launch Decisions Portal to open the login screen after Finish is clicked.
If updating a Multi-Tenancy, updates must be applied to both the Control as its subsequent Tenant Instance(s). This method varies depending upon the method in which the Tenants were added to the environment.
For more information, see Multi-Tenancy: Upgrading a v8 Environment.