- 27 Jan 2022
- 1 Minute to read
External Database Integration
- Updated on 27 Jan 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Decisions allows users to integrate with external databases that are relational (e.g. MSSQL, MYSQL, Oracle, Azure, POSTGRES, ODBC, AZURESYNAPSE) and non-relational (e.g. MongoDB).
- External database that can be connected to Decisions environment. If one needs to be created, see Creating a Database in MSSQL for Decisions. If connection errors are being experienced, verify the default ports for the database are open in the Database Server firewall or the network firewall.
The following example will demonstrate how to configure an external database integration from the Databases folder.
- In Decisions Studio, navigate to System > Integrations > Databases and click CREATE CONNECTION.
- In the Database Integrationwindow, complete the fields required for integrating with the desired external database type.To create a table integration, see Integrate with Database Table.
Configuration Option DescriptionConnection NameThe name that will be displayed in the Databases folder.Database TypeThe type of database that will be integrated with (MSSQL, MYSQL, ORACLE, AZURE, POSTGRES, ODBC, AZURESYNAPSE)Use AgentCheck this setting to have Decisions get the integration settings from a Database Agent.Use Custom Connection StringAllows users to connect a Database via a custom connection string.Server NameThe DNS name or IP of the server running the Database. Database Name Name of databaseWindows AuthenticationChecking this box will use the windows logon to access the Database.User NameUsername of the SQL account used to access the Database.PasswordThe password of the SQL account access the Database.
Updating External Connection String
It may be necessary to have the connection string of an external database updated when migrating from a development environment to a production environment.
- Navigate to System > Designers > Lookup Lists and Constants.
- Right-click the desired entity and select Edit.
- Under the VALUE category, paste in the updated connection string in the String Value field.
- Click SAVE CONSTANT.