Exporting and Importing OverviewLast Updated: 12/27/2018 Introduced in Version: 2.0
Export and import entities such as flows, reports, folders or tasks to create backups, to transfer entities to another installation of the platform, and to avoid rebuilding items from scratch. Binary serialized data members are not supported.
An entity is exported as a .decObj file and put into a .zip file. Only those types of files can be imported.
To export or import a folder, navigate to the folder containing the entity (or the folder to contain the imported entity), and select Manage > Export or Manage > Import from the folder actions menu. To export an entity, navigate to the folder containing the entity, click the entity’s thumbnail, and select Manage > Export from its Action menu.
In this example, a Designer Folder containing flows and forms is exported to a shared space. The same folder will be imported from the shared space to a different folder.
To begin, in the Folders tree, select the folder to export, click the arrow to the right of the folder’s name and select Manage > Export.
- Include Options
- Include-will allow for including all entities such as folders, flows, permissions on folders and history
- Exclude-will only export the specific item you have chosen
- Select-will allow for picking each entity that you want exported
- Module Name – allows you to select the exact module within the entities
- Download File – sets the export to be of type file, if unchecked then the export is placed in history tagged with date and time
- Requires Approval – will be for importing this item and will assign a task to the admin to approve the import
- Changed Entities Only – this will compare this export to where you are importing to and only bring in the items that have been modified.
In the Import Entities dialog, select Import. In the Open dialog, select the .zip file to import and select IMPORT.
On the next Import Entities dialog there is indication of any issues. If there are issues they can be resolved in various ways. After issues are resolved entities flows are imported directly into the destination folder. When we import a folder, it will appear as a sub-folder in the Folders tree.