- 15 Sep 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Using The Repository
- Updated on 15 Sep 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The Designer Repository contains all shared Designer Projects that have been stored and saved within an environment. These Projects can be sent, imported, or added to the Decisions Repository.
To take full advantage of the Repository Actions, Designer Elements can be grouped into a Designer Project, which can then be added to the Repository. The following document demonstrates how to use the Designer Repository from a connected environment.
Add/Removing a Project to the Repository
The steps to add or remove a Project to a Repository is similar to adding/removing Designer Elements to a Project, with the key difference being what category to run the action. To add a new project to the Repository:
- Right click the project > Designer Repository > Add to Project
To remove a Designer Element from a Project in the Repository:
- Right click the Designer Element > Designer Repository > Remove from Project [Project Name]
Checkout/Update Project from Repository
- Navigate to System > Designers > Repository.
- Select the CHECKOUT/UPDATE PROJECT button from the top Action bar.
- Search for and select the Project, and Branch, then click CHECKOUT. If Advanced is checked, a specific Revision can be used instead.
- If any items require updating, select UPDATE, if not, close out the window via X.
- The Project will begin to download and begin to update the locally stored version of the Project. Once the Project has finished downloading, select Done. Any errors found can be downloaded using the Download Log button.
- The Import Resolution Screen will appear if there are validation issues after importing the project. Certain resolution actions will not be available depending on the Designer Element.
Once the import completes, the Project will be available in the Folder Tree.
Committing/Sending Project Changes To Repository
Any changes to a Project can be checked into the Designer Repository. To check in a single Element (such as a Flow, DataStructure, etc...) to a Repository, it must be assigned to a Project. This Project may be either one created specifically for the element or as part of a pre-existing project.
- Right-click the desired Entity or Project.
- Select Designer Repository > Checkin Changes for Project [Project Name].
- If the resource count for checked-in items is greater than the value defined in the Repository Settings, a form will open, displaying the count of the Designer Elements. Select Review
- A new Form will open. Any items that are checked will be included in the commit. Once the items have been verified, provide a comment and click on Commit.
- Items will then begin to be checked into the Repository. Any errors during the check-in will be shown in the following Form.
A revision number will be provided once the check-in has been completed. Select CLOSE after confirming that the changes were committed.
Reverting Changes to a Branch
- In the Designer Repository, locate and select the Project
- On the Repository Dashboard for the Project, select the name of the branch in the Repository.
- The Branch Summary Page should appear. Right click the latest Revision in the branch and select the Revert Revision action.
- Right-click the desired Revision ID and select Revert Revision.
- Confirm with OK. The Repository environment may need to be restarted to apply changes.