- 08 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
About Version 7
- Updated on 08 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Updates 7.0.1 (Mar 1, 2021)
- [DT-029972] Delete Entities Step Not Respecting Query Parameters
Decisions 7.0.0 (Feb 18, 2021)
Version 7 introduces new architectural changes and design improvements for enhancing customer experiences. To download, navigate to the releases website.
- ALL custom libraries will need to be recompiled for .NET Core
- Custom assemblies will need to be re-written
- Modules were updated using .NET Core and may require design refactoring
To begin building steps in .NET Core for the Decisions tool, visit the SDK Overview.
The new default location to add custom SDK steps:
C:\Program Files\Decisions\Decisions Server\modules\Decisions.Local\CoreServicesDlls
- Keep current back-ups of the database(s), Settings.xml file, Keys.dat file, and File Storage.
- The .NET library architecture change requires an "uninstall" of v6 ahead of installing v7.
- Multi-Tenancy (MT) is NOT currently supported in v7.
- Running v6 and v7 with the same database is NOT supported.
- Upon upgrading to v7, downgrading back to v6 is NOT supported.
- Projects using XML/XSD data structures may require remapping on upgrade due to Decisions architecture change to .NET Core.
- V6 custom less files are not supported for use in V7
- V7 Web Service Integrations requires the installation of the .NET Core 2.1 SDK
- SignalR was introduced into v7.3+; this software library allows server code to send asynchronous notifications to client-side web applications. Customers running v7.x via IIS will need to enable Websockets before upgrading
7.0 Main Features
- .NET Core Architecture
- Portal, Studio, and Designer Look and Feel
- Active Form Flows
- Global Debugger
- Open Source and New Modules
- Mobile App
- Browser Scrolling Options For Pages
- Open API Integrations
- Log Reader
Visit Version 7 Features to learn more!
Features Not Available in 7.0
- Agent - cloud to site infrastructure agent used in some deployments
Available in 7.1
- AD SSO - Active Directory sync and authentication is fully supported in 7.0
Decisions built on .NET Core (vs .NET Framework), thus AD sign-in without login page is unsupported
- Custom Login Pages
Require new process due to platform architecture change
Available in 7.5
- Restarting Services from the System Folder - Removed due to app hosting challenge; IIS option is tied to app pool, Self-Hosting option is tied to Windows Service.
In the last several years, Microsoft has systemically phased out WCF support.
Decisions platform may call WCF services, but no longer offers Flows and Rules as WCF services
REST is the preferred API mechanism
- Sharepoint versions prior to "Online"
Version 7 supports Cloud-hosted versions of Sharepoint out-of-box
Custom integrations to Sharepoint are possible for customers using older versions.
Custom modules can be found and added to the new GitHub Modules site.
- Non-Admin User Running The Service
Decisions Windows Service only utilized by Self-hosting installation type
Support for domain and restricted users: Sep 2021
- Exchange (2019+ versions)
- Foreign Exchange
- Powershell (via remote connection)
- Sharepoint ("online" version)
- [DT-028810] Hierarchical Report Does Not Receive Data From Parent Report
- [DT-028910] Assignment Double Emails
- [DT-029075] Enable SHA256 signing in SAML Auth
- [DT-029103] Enhancements on step output Change Value pick options in Add Item to List Step
- [DT-029197] MongoDB Module Fetch Documents Step Can't Deserialize BSON ObjectID
- [DT-029335] Improved Performance On Assignments Worked via Mobile
- [DT-029525] Chrome=off enhancement to persist when logging back in with Auto Lock Timeout