- 19 Apr 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Navigating to Process Mining
- Updated on 19 Apr 2022
- 1 Minute to read
After installation, users granted Process Mining permissions may navigate to the Process Mining instance by:
- Selecting the Navigate To Process Mining link in the Workflow tab.
- Selecting the Navigate To Process Mining action when right-clicking a process mining supporting Data Structure (e.g. Case Entities)
Upon clicking this navigational URL, an API call connects the Decisions instance user to the Process Mining instance. Users may log in using the same credentials as if logging into the Studio.
Configuring Process Mining Settings
- Select the gear icon on the left sidebar and navigate to Settings > Process Mining Settings.
- In the Edit Process Mining Settings window, set Enable Process Mining to True then enter the Process Mining's URL in its respective setting. Configure which account group(s) may access Process Mining here as well. By default, this is just admins.Multiple VMs and Process Mining AccessOnly one Decisions instance can connect to the Process Mining URL. Each VM requires a unique Process Mining URL.
Navigating to Process Mining via Workflow Tab
- Log in to an account group given process mining permissions in the Process Mining Settings steps if not already logged in.
- Select the four squares icon to open the Workflow tab from the left sidebar. Select the new Process Mining Workflow then select Navigate To Process Mining.
- Process Mining will then open in a separate browser tab.Multiple Process Mining TabsOpening multiple tabs will automatically log out the user in the older tabs regardless of browser type or if using Chrome's Incognito mode.
Navigating to Process Mining via Data Structure Action
- Login to an account group given Process Mining permission in the Process Mining Settings steps if not already logged in.
- Create or edit an existing Process Mining supporting Data Structure and set the Enable Process Mining to True. This example sets a Flow Execution Extension to allow Process Mining.
- Right-click on the Data Structure and select the Navigate to Process Mining action. Process Mining will then open in a new browser tab.