- 11 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 11 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Groups are collections of user accounts that share similar responsibilities or system access permissions. They allow Admins to better organize Accounts in an environment by designated Role or administrative hierarchy.
For example, an environment may contain four groups of users; Tests, Developers, Marketing, and Admins. By sorting these users into Groups, applying specified permissions, and creating Group specific Pages and Dashboards, Admins can create a more uniform and specified work environment.
The following document demonstrates creating a group and how to add/remove accounts from them.
Decisions comes with three pre-built user groups: Administrators, Designers, and All Users. These default groups are found by navigating to System > Security > Groups.
Default group permissions are given the least priority and are overridden by custom Groups and Account-level permissions in that order. For example, a user in the All Users group normally cannot access the Studio. However, the user would be able to access the Studio if added to a new, custom group with that permission enabled.
|Group Name||Portal Access?||Studio Access?||Description|
|Administrators||Yes||Yes||Full access and complete creative control of the instance.|
Admins can access the System folder, and its settings can access the instance in Maintenance Mode, etc.
|Designers||Restricted||Restricted||Access and creative control are limited to My Apps and projects created and made accessible by Administrators.|
|All Users||Restricted||No||Can Interact with elements created by users in the Designers and Administrators groups.|
Group members cannot create any logic or Designer Elements of their own.
Create a Group
- From the Decisions Studio, navigate to System > Security > Groups.
- Click CREATE GROUP on the Global Action Bar.
- In the Create Group window, provide a Group Name, then click SAVE. Add a Default Folder; this will be the "Landing Page" for anyone in the Group.
If an Account belongs to multiple Groups, the last configured Default Folder will override the previously configured Groups. If an Account has a Default Folder set on their individual Account Settings, this will override any Group Default Folder.
- Confirm that the new Group appears in the Groups in Current Folder Report; selecting it will display any associated Accounts under Accounts In Selected Group Report.
Add Accounts to a Group
- From System > Security > Groups, right-click the desired Group, then select Add/Remove Accounts.
- From the resulting Add/Remove Accounts window, click ADD NEW.
- Select the desired Account(s) from the resulting dialog by toggling the checkbox beside each one. Then, click ADD. If the number of Accounts in the environment exceeds 500, then the Add/Remove Accounts dialog will have a filter available.
- In the primary Add/Remove Accounts window, confirm that the desired Accounts are displayed in the list, then click OK.
- Confirm the User Account(s) added appears under Accounts In Selected Group with the newly configured Group selected.
Remove Accounts from a Group
- Navigate to System > Security > Groups. then right-click the desired Group, and select Add/Remove Accounts.
- From the resulting Add/Remove Accounts window, select the desired Account(s) by toggling the checkbox beside each one; then, click REMOVE SELECTED.
- Once the desired Account(s) has been removed, click OK.
- With the Group selected, verify that the User Account(s) has been removed under Accounts In Selected Group.