- 03 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Active Form Flow - Visibility
- Updated on 03 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
One of the most common use cases of Active Form Flows involves either validating data to ensure accuracy before submission or hiding/showing Form controls to dynamically populate a Form depending on the end user's selection.
The following article details how to dynamically configure an Active Form Flow for Hiding/Showing form Controls.
Refer to Active Form Flow - Validation to learn more about adding Validations through Active Form Flows.
- In a Designer Folder, create a Flow and add a Show Form step to create a new Form in the Flow. It will automatically open in the Form Designer.
- Add a Checkbox, a Label, and a Button to the Form.
- Navigate to Form Properties > Form Rules > Active Form Flows. Select ADD.
- In the Active Form Flows dialog, name the Rule Flow and select EDIT RULE FLOW.
- In the Rule Flow Designer, add a Value is True Rule step from the Designer Entities > Rules > System Defaults > Default Form Validation Rules category.
- With the Value is True rule step selected, navigate to Properties > Inputs. Under Inputs > Value, select EDIT and choose Form Data > Visibility Check Box > Value.
- Add a Show Control step from the Form Rules category on the False outcome path in the Toolbox. Connect it to the End step.
- With the Show Control step selected, navigate to the Properties panel. Under Inputs > Form Control, select EDIT and choose Form Data > [NameOfLabelToShow]
- Add a Hide Control step from the Form Rules category on the True outcome path in the Toolbox. Connect it to the End step.
- With the Hide Control step selected, navigate to the Properties panel. Under Inputs > Form Control, select EDIT and choose Form Data > [NameOfLabelToHide].
- Save and exit the Active Forms Flow Designer to return to the Add Active Form Flows dialog.
- Under ADVANCED > Triggers, set Visibility [CheckBox] to trigger on ValueChanged. For Run For Outcomes, select the Done path. Select OK.
- Save and exit the Form Designer to return to the Flow Designer.
- Select the Form and change its Toggle Visibility input to Ignore.
- Select the Debug Action in the orange Action Bar of the Flow Designer.
- Select START DEBUGGING.
The created visibility Active Form Flow checks if the checkbox is set to True. If so, it hides the specified control, aka the Label.