- 24 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 24 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
|Introduced in Version||--|
|Modified in Version||8.10|
|Note||Document Viewer is now available for Simple Forms.|
Document Viewer is a type of Form Control that displays the documents on the Forms during runtime. The control is commonly used to view and interact with documents as part of their workflow.
|Supported File Extensions||Unsupported File Extensions|
Document Viewer can be found under the ToolBox > Controls > Data.
Click on the Document Viewer control to open the Properties Panel from the right side of the screen.
|Name||Allows to set the name for the Control|
|Input Type||Choose the type of input you wish to pass through Form Control.|
|Document||Allows to enter the Document ID. Users can find the Document ID by right-clicking on the document > Manage > Get Document ID.|
|FileData||Allows passing the FileData. For more information, refer to File Type Overview.|
|FileReference||Allows passing the FileReference. For more information, refer to File References.|
When enabled allows uploading a single static file or passing the Document ID to the control.
|Data Name||Allows to enter a user-specific Data Name.|
Data Name becomes an input parameter to the respective Form Control when the Form is used within a Flow. Users can map the Flow input to this parameter to pass the Input Type (Document ID/FileData/FileReference) dynamically.
|Specify URL Parameters||When enabled opens a new field to pass the URL parameters.|
|URL parameters||Allows to pass the static URL Parameters, e.g., zoom=50.|
|Specify URL Parameters From Data Name||When enabled allows passing URL parameters through Data Name.|
|URL parameters Data Name||Provide a user-specific Nata Name.|
|Default Page Number||Allows to open a specific page of the document when the Form loads.|
|Page Number from Data Name||Allows passing Page Number through Data Name.|
|Initially VIsible Source||This feature allows choosing whether the Form control should be visible or remain hidden when the form loads.|
|Constant Data > Initially VIsible||When enabled, the Form control (Document Viewer in this case) will be visible. If disabled, the control will be hidden.|
|From Flow Data > Initially Visible Data||Allows configuring the Initially Visible Source through Data Name.|
|View > CSS Class||Allows the selection of a CSS class to be applied to the control.|
|Size and Tabs > Edit||Provides options to change the dimensions of the control and tab index.|
In the following example, a Form will be used in a Flow that will display a PDF Document.
- Create a Flow. Add a From step to the Flow.
- In the Form Designer, add a Button for end users to submit the Form. Add the Document Viewer control from the Toolbox.
- Resize the Document Viewer control to provide a better view. Change its Input Type to FileData and give a Data Name. Set Default Page Number to 2.
- This completes the Form. Save the Form and close the Form Designer.
- In the Flow Designer, select SETUP INPUT DATA. Configure the input data type as File Data.
- Edit the Input and add a PDF file as constant to the Flow. Users can also upload a file while Debugging.
- Save and exit the Flow Input Data window.
- Click on the Form Step. On the Input of the Form, map the FileData value to the Input Defined.
- Debug the Flow. The Form will open the PDF Document direct to Page number 2 as it was configured in Step Number 3.