- 27 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Creating Dynamic Page Content With Tiles
- Updated on 27 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Tiles allow the ability to display content dynamically on a Page in the Decisions Studio/User Portal. Though Tiles can be applied to any Page, the content provided to the Tile is generated by a Flow via a Tile Return Data Object that contains the desired content.
The following article demonstrates how to generate dynamic Page content with the use of a Simple Tile component.
- From a Designer Project, select the CREATE FLOW button from the Global Action Bar. From the Form Reports/Pages category, select and CREATE a Tile Source Flow.
- From the Toolbox > USER DEFINED TYPES > FOLDER EXTENSIONS > PATIENT category connect a Get Patient control to the Start step.
- From the Properties of Get Patient, map FolderID to the Id Input.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > DATA > TEXT section and attach a Custom Merge [NVelocity] step to the Get Patient steps, to allow the data from the Patient Folder to be converted into HTML for display on the Tile.
- From the Custom Merge [NVelocity] step's Properties, under MERGE SETUP > Template, provide the following HTML.
Then, map the respective OUTPUTS from the Get Patient step to their respective INPUTS that were created with the Custom Merge [NVelocity] step.NVelocity FormattingUtilizing the $[FieldName] syntax with a Custom Merge step creates new Inputs for the Custom Merge step.
<html> <body> <p> Email: $Email Name: $Name PhoneNumber: $PhoneNumber
- From Toolbox > DASHBOARD EVENTS, attach a Create Tile Data step to the Custom Merge [Nevelocity] and End steps.
Then, set STYLES > Background Color to Constant and select the desired Color via the Pick Color window.
- Save the Flow, then close the Flow Designer via X.
- From a Designer Project, via CREATE REPORT, CREATE a new Page.
- From the Page Designer, under Toolbox > TILES, add a Simple Tile to the Page. From the Properties tab of the Simple Tile, via PICK OR CREATE FLOW, PICK the previously created Tile Source Flow.
- Save and Close the Page Designer.
- From the Decisions Studio, right-click the desired Folder and select Create Patient Data > Entity [User Defined] > Create Patient.
- From the Create Patient window, fill out each field, being sure to provide a PatientName, Email, and PhoneNumber. Then, click OK.
- From the resulting Folder for the Patient, Add the previously created Page.
- Via the tabs at the top of the Patient Folder, navigate to the newly added Page and verify that the Patient's information displays as configured in the NVelocity step.