Splitting Excel Columns by a Custom DelimiterLast Updated: 05/02/2018 Introduced in Version: 2.0
Using the Split Excel Column component in a flow, the data in an Excel spreadsheet’s column that is separated by a delimiter can be split into several columns and then displayed in a data grid or converted into a CSV file. This component can also split the original columns into more columns, or combine them into fewer columns.
Split Excel columns using a custom delimiter in the Flow Designer. In the Toolbox panel, in the category Data > List > Excel and CSV, drag a Split Excel Column component to the workspace.
This example creates a flow that uses the Split Excel Column component and set mapping for the component in the Mapping Editor.
To begin, navigate to a Designer Folder and click the Create Flow button. Name the flow and click OK to open it in the Flow Designer.
- For the Input object, enter the file name in the Value field.
- For the fileType object, from the Value drop-down list, select Excel_xlsx.
- For the column object, specify the number of columns in the file in the Value field.
- Enter the delimiter in the Value field under the delimiter object.
- Finally, specify the number of columns that should result after the columns have been split (or merged).