Setting Up Carriers for SMS NotificationsLast Updated: 03/29/2018 Introduced in Version: 2.0
The system can send notifications in the form of an email, a popup message within the portal, or a SMS text. To allow a user to receive notifications using SMS, the user’s carrier must be added to the system.
- Add SMS carrier under System > Notifications > SMS Carriers.
- Configure user accounts to receive SMS text messaging.
- Configure the notification itself to deliver via text, either under System > Notifications > Default Notifications, or within a flow using a notification, within the notification step itself.
Add an SMS carrier by navigating to the folder System > Notifications > SMS Carriers and clicking the Add SMS Carrier button.
In this example we will add the SMS carrier Vodafone to the system.
Begin by navigating to the folder System > Notifications > SMS Carriers and clicking the Add SMS Carrier button.
In the Add SMS Carrier popup, enter the carrier’s name and email suffix and click OK
The carrier displays in the Entity Name list. Users who receive SMS communications through Vodafone, and have the proper account configuration, can now receive notifications from the system. See the topic Configuring User Account to Receive SMS Text Messaging for more information.
- Setting Up Notifications for Events Anywhere in the Portal
- Setting Up Notifications for Events within a Folder