Exploring The ProductLast Updated: 01/24/2019 Introduced in Version:
Welcome to Decisions login page, when logging into Decisions a sign in page will display with two options, select either User Portal or Design Studio.
THE DESIGN STUDIO
After signing in to the Design Studio begin to familiarize yourself with the some of the core features. Looking at the image below you will discover a Folder tree on the left side. This folder tree has a few default folders pre-built into Decisions. This is where you Create and add Designer Folders to organize projects. Below the features have been highlighted with a red box and a corresponding number beside it. A brief explanation of each feature is given according to its corresponding number. The features are grouped by layout and design just as displayed while working in the Design Studio.
1. COLLAPSIBLE FOLDER MENU
Select the two bar menu icon in the upper left corner to collapse the folder tree and display a full screen of the selected folder.
2. FOLDER TREE
- Search: This search bar searches Decisions database and created folders.
- Inbox: Displays all current assignments and states. The dashboard can be customized to your needs.
- Start Workflow: Holds completed project folder that has been assigned. From here navigate to start a workflow.
- Folders +: This creates a Designer Folder is added at Root and holds all of the different types of folders, by selecting the Folder Icon plus sign (+). These include anything that has been created in the Designer Folder, such as, Flows, Rules, Reports, Forms, Datatypes/Integrations, etc. When a new folder is created it can be created at the root or nested within another folder.
- My Documents: When My Documents is highlighted in the Designer Studio an Action Panel will display at the bottom of the Designer Studio. The Action Panel has different options that allow you to set custom settings for your Decisions account. Choose each action to set the attributes, these include Set Language, Set Culture, Edit Contact Info, Set profile Picture, Change password, Import /Export, Add, Setup Account Security, Manage, etc.
- All Assignments: Is a visual display of all assignments saved in your Designer Studio.
- Inbox: The inbox will hold all tasks in your inbox folder.
- My Apps: Pre-installed folder. This folder is shared by default, settings can be changed.
- System: Navigate to System > admin > features to integrate with external features. A list of features are displayed, choose which feature to integrate with and install. After installing a feature, a restart is sometimes necessary. System page is on the system folder and shows resource and instance data. The System folder is where administrative changes are made.
3. HOME ICON
The home icon bar displays the current folders in use starting with the Root Folder on the left and any folder that has been opened within that folder.
4. DESIGNER VIEW
Displays any folder type created and that live inside the Designer Folder.
5. USER LOGIN & BELL ICON
- User Login: The User login Icon provides quick options that can be selected to switch to the portal, lock the portal, edit and view settings, account, passwords etc. Submit feedback log in and out and select About to discover which version of Decisions you are running.
- Bell Icon: When a notification is given it will appear in the upper right corner under the bell with a short text display. You are given the option to select close, don’t show or select the text to navigate directly to the message
6. TOP RIGHT ACTION BAR
- List, Tiles, Folder View: The three options display any created folders in the format you select. Select List and the folders appear in list format. Select Tiles and any created folders appear in tile format. Select the Folder view and the folders appear in a collapsed folder view without the type of folder displayed above.
- Refresh Icon: Select the refresh icon to bring Decisions up to date with any new changes that are pending.
- Actions Icon: Select the actions icon to choose from all of the setting options. Here set, change and manage all things related to the profile and account.
7. SEARCHING BAR
- Search: This bar allows searching within Decisions. The search bar searches the Decisions database of keywords, tags, types and folder names.
8. FOLDER ACTION BAR
- Search: This bar allows searching within Decisions. The search bar searches the Decisions database of keywords and folder names.
- Refresh: Select the refresh button to sync any new changes when the studio needs re-syncing.
- Multiple select: The multiple select icons enables the designer to select multiple options at the same time. Select the icon to enable multiple select.
- Settings: Select the settings icon to choose from different options including, print, save report definition, AD an ad-hoc chart, expand and collapse grid groups, reset and edit reports.
The right box displays a list of options for the selected folder type.
10. RECENT, PORTAL AND STUDIO
- Recent: The recent button when selected changes the folder view to display the most recently opened folders.
- User Portal: The User Portal displays a view of Decisions from the End User’s perspective. The Portal View is for the customer if an administrator chooses to display a specific project it will be displayed in the given folder of the Users Portal. Various options can be set allowing or restricting Users permissions. This Portal is for a User to View, make small changes if given permissions and is not used for design Decisions. All elements
- Design Studio: The Decisions Studio is a designer portfolio containing all projects created in Decisions. This is where you build, test, deploy a running flow, complete a Dashboard, Report or Rule Engine.
At the bottom of the page notice the option to navigate to the User Portal or the Designer Studio. Simply select the user action to move from the Studio to the Portal.
11. BLUE ACTION BAR
The action display shows the basic building blocks used to build flows within Decisions. These options include Create Flow, Create Rule, Create Report, Create Form, Create DataTypes/Integration, manage other and all.
Manage all of your data from the action panel, by creating flows, rules, reports, forms, datatypes, and integrations.
THE FLOW DESIGNER
Flow Designer: In the portal both the design studio and the user portal has some controls on the top bar. This is where four main components exist, searching, favorites, workflow catalog (allows you to launch new workflow activities or start workflow requests), and your folder structure. The rest of the screen is content, is a very easy thing to embed in other systems.
1. TOP ORANGE ACTON BAR
Located at the top of the flow designer.
2. TABS ON LEFT SIDE
The tabs on the bar on the left consist of all information pertaining to the flow.
- Info: Information about the flow can be found including Name, description, owner, tags, details, comments and files.
- Sample Data: Saves units tests and sample data.
- Data Explorer: Shows all input and output data.
- Steps Explorer: Summary of steps used in the flow.
- Steps by Type: Steps are organized by type.
- Searching: Search bar allows you to search for tabs by name
3. SEARCH BAR
Use the search tool to find items more quickly within the Steps Tab and Properties Tab.
4. STEPS TAB & PROPERTIES TAB
- Steps Tab: On the right choose Steps to open up a list of categories. The Steps Tab has every step that can be used in the Decisions design process. The steps are organized according to category starting with a Favorites category. The Favorites category has a list of most commonly used steps. When a step cannot be found, it can be searched for in the search bar at the top of the steps tab.
- Properties Tab: On the right choose Properties to open up the properties of the flow. The properties tab displays adjustable settings depending on the step that is selected in the flow. Configure settings such as Common Properties, Data, Names, Input and Output pathways etc.
5. CLOSE (X)
Closes the flow designer and navigate back to the designer folders.