- 17 May 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Adding and Setting up a Tenant Instance
- Updated on 17 May 2022
- 1 Minute to read
In a Multi-Tenancy, a Tenant Instance represents one independently running Instance within a Multi-Tenant environment. This Instance consists of an identical copy of the application that is running on the Control Instance with its own unique database.
The following document discusses how to add a Tenant Instance to a Multi-Tenant environment.
- From Decisions Studio in the Control Instance, create an Account and Assign it to the Control Instance.
- Navigate to System >Hosting. then, from the Global Action Bar, click ADD INSTANCE.
- From the Add Instance window, copy the Authentication Key into a text editor for later reference.
- Under Admin Account, PICK an Account that was created in the Control Instance.
- Under the DATA category, provide the desired name in the Instance Name field.
- Configure the Instance URL. Then, click ADD INSTANCE. Instance URL ConsiderationsFor a Self Hosted installation the default Instance URL is typically configured as http://localhost:[Port Number of the Instance].
Alternately, the URL may be configured as http://[IP Address of the machine].
For an IIS Installation, the Instance URL should match the BasePortalUrl of the Tenant machine.
Verify that the newly added Instance is present in the Hosting Folder.
From the machine location of the Tenant Instance, download and the v.8 DecisionsServerInstaller.exe.
Upon opening the Installer, select INSTALL. Then, from the Select Installation Type screen, select Multi-Tenancy Server (Tenant), then click Next.
Proceed through the installation process as usual until the Tenant Server Setup window is reached.
Then, provide the previously defined Instance Name, and reference the Control Instance URL as well as the copied Control Instance Authentication Key, and click Next.
Continue and finish the rest of the installation process, then launch the Decisions Portal for the Tenant Instance.
From the Login window, login to the defined Admin Account for the Tenant Instance, and select the proper Instance from the SELECT INSTANCE options.
From the Decisions Studio of the Tenant, verify that the Hosting Folder can be accessed and that the Tenant's Active status now states "True".Secured Key ErrorIf the Tenant Instance is inaccessible after setup and the Instance's Logs display the following error:
"Secured Key passed in is no more valid"
Matching the Timezone/Time on each Tenant and the Control will fix the issue.
Tenant Login Page Customization
After Decisions has been installed on the Tenant Instance, the Login Page may be customized with a user-defined Logo. This is done via the following process.
- From the Control Instance, navigate to the Hosting Folder. Then, right-click the desired Tenant Instance and select Edit Instance.
- Navigate to the LOGIN PAGE section and enable Override Login Page Logo.
- Via Drag File Here, or Choose a File, add the desired image. Then, click OK.
- Navigate to the Tenant Instance and verify that the Login Page Logo has been updated.