- 28 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 28 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Such elements could provide functions such as request submission or Report filtration. The following article demonstrates how to utilize Form Tile on a Page to add an information submission Form that will be dynamically populated with the currently logged-in user's information.
Form Tile Inputs
The following chart displays the three possible Inputs that are available when configuring a Form Tile.
|Tile Form||This input is where the user can select or create the Form that will be displayed on the tile.|
|Input Data Flow||If the Form has variable data input declared, a data Flow will be made available for the user to configure the Flow input data to the form.|
|Output Data Flow||If the Form has a button, there will be an Output Data Flow option to configure a Flow to run when the outcome button is clicked.|
- From a Designer Project, create a new Page.
- In the Page Designer, from Toolbox > TILES, drag a Form Tile component into the workspace.
- From the Properties of the Form Tile, under INPUT, click PICK TILE FORM. Then, CREATE a new Form Tile.
- From the Form Designer, design a Form containing two Text Box controls and a Button (labeled "Submit").
Provide a Label for each Text Box ("Name" and "Email Address" respectively) and a Label with the Form's title (in this example, "Student Profile Form").
- Save the Form, then close the Form Designer via X.
- In the Page Designer, from the INPUT FLOW category under the Form Tile's Properties tab, select EDIT INPUT FLOW FOR [FORM TITLE NAME}.
- In the Flow Designer, from the Properties tab of the End step, map Flow Data.PortalEmailAddress to Email Address, and Flow Data.CurrentUserFullName to Name.
- Save and close the Flow Designer, then the Page Designer.
- From the Studio, right-click a Designer Project, then CREATE a new Folder.
- Right-click the Folder, then attach the Page via Add Page/Dashboard.
- Via the tabs at the top of the Folder, navigate to the newly added Page.
Verify that the Page displays the Form with the mapped data.