Changing BrandingLast Updated: 05/04/2018 Introduced in Version: 2.0
Branding the Installer
To ensure proper branding, the following files must be in the same folder as the installer.exe and .MSIs during installation
- License.rtf: the file that is called to populate the License screen and is completely customizable to the proper legal verbiage for the customer’s needs.
- InstallerSetup.xml: used to brand the installer itself and can be updated to the customer’s specific needs. This file can be updated to set the logo as well as certain defaults such as default admin user, install location, DB name, etc. The following is the list of all tags that can be edited for branding purposes.
- <TxtDestFolder>C:Program FilesMyNewFolder</TxtDestFolder>
- <SuccessfullInstallationMessage>My Product Successfully Installed</SuccessfullInstallationMessage>
- <CompanyName>My Company</CompanyName>
- <InstallerTitle>My Product Installer</InstallerTitle>
- <InstalllationTypeTitle>The wizard guides you through installing as well as updating and removing the My Product Software</InstalllationTypeTitle>
- Settings.xml: used to brand the portal and can also be updated to the customer’s specific needs. If this file is provided in the same folder as the InstallerSetup.xml, it will be used instead of the default settings.xml. The following is the list of tags that can be edited for branding purposes.
- Portal loading splash screen: <SplashScreenText>[Updated Loading Message]</SplashScreenText>
- Product title shows in System Information: <ProductTitle>[Name of Product and Version]</ProductTitle>
- [Logo].png: the logo image used by the installer. The path to this file is configured in the InstallerSetup.xml file.
- Modules: (typically zipped folders) may include any of the Decisions modules or modules created specifically for the customer to include flows, reports, pages, service catalog and so forth.
Branding the Portal:
To edit Designer Settings, select System > Settings > Designer Studio Setting in the folder tree. Select the entity item titled Designer Settings and select Edit Designer Settings. Or, select the Hypertext link Designer Studio Settings.
– Portal Settings
To edit Portal Settings, select System > Settings, then click on Portal Setting in the settings list. Select Edit Portal Settings.
Under Login Page Settings update the Get Help URL and Contact Us URL.
Need more help with:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org